2008年10月7日 星期二

Cuba faces food shortages after hurricanes

According to Cuba faces food shortages after hurricanes(Reuters),Cuba was encountering food shortages,because of its state-run agriculture and the hurricanes which made this problem even worse.And nothing else was transported to there on account of the arrivals of the cargo ships will conflict with the government's price controls.In addition,its neighbor,America,refused to lift the embargo.

As far as I am concerned,I don’t agree the solution to natural and man-made calamities of communistic countries.They always take the nation benefits top priorty,ignoring the difficulties their fellows undergo.Maybe I should place myself in their position,but it’s a matter of regime.However,either adjust the over newly imposed price controls or try to solve the food shortages from other place should be taken to solve the crisis.Besides,I think the U.S. should temporarily lift the embargo and ignore the opposite relationship to Cuba for a while.In this way,Cuba can make some purchase to go through the hard time.

Look into the past,Haiti has offered us a good example.The food shortage in Haiti happened in April,2008 resulted in a great deal of disorder.First,people who underwent the famine gathered on the stree and they started to rob the shopstores.Second,they even shot the troops of the United Nations.In addition,their premier was forced to step down,which made him become the first summit leaving his office because of the rising prices on rice and soybeans.From this,it isn’t hard to see that the food shortage will result in many kinds of chaos.I think we should face it and make well preparation on it,because we can’t know if it will happen in our country or not.(254 words)

沒有留言: