2008年10月17日 星期五

Classroom Politics: Should Teachers Endorse a Candidate?

According to Classroom Politics: Should Teachers Endorse a Candidate? there is a temporary prohibition against teachers issue on politics in class.However,this order interferes teachers with their freedom of speaking.Often in election season,teachers unions have enforced their members to stand in the same part.But school is the place to learn knowledge instead of promoting politics.

My reactions:

As far as I am concerned,declaring one’s political position is a strange and inappropriate behavior.Not to mention the fact that is the relationship with a teacher and a student.School should be a pure learning center.Though everyone has the right to say,I think that it’s better not to speak of the political issues in front of children.For fear that it might give children wrong concepts and arise the unnecessary quarrels.

For instance,my senior high school English teacher liked to give us English news reports to read.Once,she kept showing us the negative reports of the Democratic Progressive Party,and sometimes she revealed how much she hated that party.Despite of the fact that I didn’t belong any party,my feeling of that was not very good.Because I thought the topics related to politics were too tense.Take one of my classmates for example,she was the super fan of the DPP,so every time when the teacher lectured this kind of paper,she just put the paper away and fell asleep.This action,however,has must affected other students’ concentration on class.So I am for no politics in school.

沒有留言: