2008年10月10日 星期五

Climate change could force millions from homes

According to"Climate change could force millions from homes",there are many people migrating because of environmental damages,such as desertification and flooding.Compared to the political refugees fleeing their country,they move to another place which is still located in their country.It is the continual crop failures caused by global warming that results in the migration.

My reaction:

I think the global warming is an unavoidable problem,and we must face it.In the past,I only focused on the sea-level rising.Now I realized what big influence other damages would cause as the sea-level rising.The famous example to sea-level rising is Tuvalu,located in the southern Pacific Ocean,has declared to leave for New Zealand since 2001.Seeing from that,it isn’t hard to imagine the power of naure change.
Not only the natual disaster but also the man-made calamities make our life change. Sahel,the most apparent desertification example in Africa,results in many problems,like air pollution and food shortage.Due to the large amount of population,people have to grow enough food to support their living.In this way, they use the land without limitation.As far as I am concerned,besides the rapidly-increasing population,the biofuels are another factors.A great deal of foods,such as soybeans, wheat and so on,are widely used to make biofuels.
So the hunger is spreading farther and farther.Every government has to figure out the solution,otherwise it will become a new flash point in global.(213words)

沒有留言: