2008年12月4日 星期四

Venice left high and far from dry by flooding

According to Venice left high and far from dry by flooding,Venice was again surrounded by water,and this time it arrived the record high.There was no street but remained dry.In addition,even the water buses were be disturbed because their platforms were also underwater.

My reactions:

When it comes to Venice,we always consider that country to be the “water capital”.It sounds really beautiful,right?I can’t image the interlaced water channels filled with the living environment.In my opinion,it is very interesting and a little romantic.Because my hometown is far from the sea,I think those who live near or on water are very lucky and happy.Take the Yangtze River for example,I have seen a series of its reports from the TV.I didn’t know the life appearance on water until I watched them.It’s very magic because the houses there are just above the water,and the local people catch fish to support their family.

I had a personal experience of water when I was at elementary school.It was the period that we took classes in the simply-constructed houses because many of our school buildings collapsed after the 921 and 1022 earthquakes.
The location of our shelters was our playground,a low-lying place.Once it rained heavily so that our playground was full of water.Everyone had to roll their pants up to go through this chaos.The water was very dirty,because some of them was from the rain while another was from the toilet.Though we all felt disgusting,it was still a rare and unusual experience. (232words)

沒有留言: